- Identifiers, such as Contact Information and Referral information.
- Customer Records, such as Dealer Account Information, Consumer Account Information, Community Member Information, Product Warranty Information, Payment Information, and Communications.
- Commercial Information, such as Dealer Account Information, Consumer Account Information, Community Member Information, Product Warranty Information, Survey and Sweepstake Responses, and Marketing Information.
- Internet or Network Activity, such as Online Activity Information and Device Information.
- Geolocation Data, such as Device Information.
- Audio, Electronic, Visual, or Similar Information, such as Customer Service Recordings.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information, such as Dealer Account Information, Community Member Information, and Survey and Sweepstake Responses.
- Inferences, such as inferences drawn from the personal information identified above to create a profile reflecting your preferences, characteristics, behavior.
To the extent that we may collect sensitive personal information (as defined under the CCPA), we only use or disclose it for purposes permitted under the CCPA (e.g., to perform the Services, detect security incidences and prevent fraud, and to verify and maintain the quality of the Services). We do not collect or use sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about California residents.
Retention of Personal Information. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose of collection, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish and defend legal claims, for fraud prevention purposes, or as long as required to meet our legal obligations. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Right to Know/Access. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your personal information:
- The categories of personal information we collected;
- The categories of sources from which we collected that personal information;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing (as applicable) that personal information;
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclose that personal information (as applicable); and
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- Right to Delete. You can request that we delete any of your personal information that we have collected from you.
- Right to Correct. You can request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
- Right to Opt-Out of “Sales”/“Sharing.” If we “sell” or “share” your personal information, you can request to opt-out.
- Right to Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above without receiving discriminatory treatment.
How to Exercise Your Rights. You may exercise your California privacy rights described above using the following methods:
- Right to Know/Access, Delete, or Correct. Please submit these requests by calling us toll free at 1-800-499-9095 or by emailing us at [email protected].
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale/Sharing. To opt-out your personal information from “selling” and “sharing” relating to the automatic collection of data on our Website by cookies and similar technologies, select the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link at the bottom of the Website and update your preferences, or broadcast the Global Privacy Control (GPC) signal. Note that due to technological limitations, if you visit our Website from a different computer or device, or clear cookies on your browser that store your preferences, you will need to return to this screen to select your preferences and/or rebroadcast the GPC signal. Additionally, to opt-out of the “sale” of your information to joint marketing partners, we need to collect some identifying information. Please call or email us as provided above to opt-out of that “sale.”
In addition, if you direct us not to sell/share your personal information, we will consider it a request pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law to stop sharing your personal information covered by that law with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We reserve the right to confirm your California residence to process your requests and will need to confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your right to know/access, delete, and correct. This is a security measure to, for example, help ensure we do not disclose information to a person who is not entitled to receive it. The identity verification process may vary depending on how you submit your request.
Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. If you do so, we may require proof of your identification, the authorized agent’s proof of identification, and any other information that we may request in order to verify the request, including evidence of valid permission for the authorized agent to act on your behalf. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee or decline to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests to know/access, delete, and correct within 45 days of your request. Occasionally it may take us longer than 45 days to respond, for instance if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you of the delay, and may continue to update you regarding the progress of our response.
California Notice of Financial Incentive. We may offer certain financial incentive programs that can result in different price or service levels, provided that such programs are reasonably related to the value of your personal information to us. For example, we may offer additional content to users who sign up for our mailing list, our community membership programs, or giveaways, sweepstakes, contests, or other similar promotional campaign. We typically ask you to provide your email address or other contact information in order to participate in these programs or campaigns.
We offer these programs and campaigns because, among other things, the value of your personal information to us is related to the value of the free or discounted products or services, or other benefits that you obtain or that are provided as part of the applicable program or campaign. This value is based on the expense related to offering those services and benefits to participants, along with other factors such as whether and to what extent you take advantage of (or opt-out from) any offerings and whether we are able to use the data we collect from you.